Zinedine Zidane walked away from Real Madrid after a ‘dispute with club president Florentino Perez’ over their transfer targets.
Zidane sensationally quit Madrid after landing an historic Champions League hat-trick.
The Frenchman called an unexpected press conference last Thursday afternoon to reveal that he will be leaving after two-and-a-half years in charge.
Perez did not agree with Zidane and the latter was also happy with his No 1 Keylor Navas.
Zidane is claimed to have said: ‘I am done. You take care of the team’ following the exchange between the pair.
Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino and former Madrid midfielder Guti are the front-runners to take over at the Bernabeu.
Appearing alongside president Perez at the press conference last week, Zidane said: ‘I have taken the decision to not continue going into the next season. For me and for everybody, I think the moment to change has arrived. It was not an easy decision.’